Massage is a safe and natural ancient art of healing which aids in the prevention of illness and injury. The aim of massage is to bring about physical, psychological or physiological effects such as relaxation, relief from pain and increased range of motion. Massage is beneficial for everyone; perfect if life seems to be on top of you instead of the other way around.
Why have a massage?
Increases the health of the body’s tissue:
- Improves metabolism by increasing circulation of blood and lymph supply to tissues. This stimulation strengthens your immune system to fight off infection and viruses and helps push out the body’s build up of toxins.
- Increase nutrient supplies to the muscles and organ body tissue thus improving health.
- Relieves muscle tension and spasm.
- Provides pain relief by sedating nerve impulses.
Accelerates healing after injury:
- Reduces swelling.
- Minimises scar formation and fibrosis which limits movement.
Aids with skin conditions:
- Improves secretory functions of sweat and oil glands.
- Due to improved circulation the skin texture improves.
Reduces Mental and Emotional Stress:
- Decreases muscular tension and pain.
- Increases calmness and relaxation.
- Promotes return to regular sleep patterns.