- 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup of almond flour (almond meal)
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 very ripe medium to large bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with parchment/baking paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and flour.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together coconut oil, eggs, bananas, maple syrup and vanilla until very well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry and gently mix together until combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter in prepared pan and bake for 45-55 minutes or until set in the centre and a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in pan for about 15-20 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe by Raquel Sbrana – Personal Training Coordinator